“Freedom is Everything”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Federal Republic of Sirdsomer is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, keen interest in outer space, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.008 billion Somians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lumina. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sirde economy, worth 451 trillion sirds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 150,216 sirds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
More and more people are signing up for the government party, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation, Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime is totally unknown. Sirdsomer's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sirdsomer was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Idumetala.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Sirdsomer was endorsed by The Queendom of Eravonia.
- : Sirdsomer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, most citizens in Sirdsomer are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Sirdsomer, owning a really cute pet is grounds for immediate investigation.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Notyoutopia, Alunya, Glurponia, Yaorozu, Siwale, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, The Rhein States, Loutsland, Omnistria, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Pallaith, Corfad, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Runeda, 1 very fast endotarter, Koda-Land, Shin-Hachioji, Orado, Bearical, Selfgradatude, Kasazzastan, Xzavia-Hjar, Trillius, Sunto, North Bratislava, Zumlandia, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Dar es Saalam, Black Templares, Sundred, Kwaj, Wilkshire, Shadowrik, Vincone Cae, Guer Aike, Daiz, Valhalla123, Juggernautilus, Steampunk Ariel, New Bremerton, Maott, Test for a new hope, Destructive Government Endorsing System, and 50 others.Sockmanland, Amauri, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Sil Dorsett, Spartoptia, Holy Oranz, Elder Realms, Makersaulache, Lunallian, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, New Octicarg, Cuyan, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Torakuen, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Aratani, Ponantine, Racoda, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, Moubarakistan, Joodey, Xentherida, Angshire, Miruma, Kranostav, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, Viridiann, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Eravonia, and Idumetala.