“Rise for the Republic!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Leader||First Consul Aetós|
|Faith||the Sovereign Church of Sireco|
The Sovereign Republic of Sireco is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by First Consul Aetós with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 12.249 billion Sirecans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberius. The average income tax rate is 8.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Sirecan economy, worth a remarkable 2,556 trillion dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 208,678 dinars, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, the nation refuses to provide international aid, claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense, and children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sireco's national animal is the golden eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the Sovereign Church of Sireco.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sireco, children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events.
- : Following new legislation in Sireco, claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense.
- : Sireco endorsed The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Sireco was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Following new legislation in Sireco, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Sireco was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Sireco, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- : Sireco was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Sireco, artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui.
- : Sireco endorsed The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Treadwellia, Imkiville, Aigania, New Rogernomics, Varotium, Aflana, Edranian Land, Captain Apollo, Astalen, Aguaria Major, Killer Kitty, Tiegenhof, Bobs raider puppet, Nargorthia, Sharps inc, Halliway, Hycronesia, Othan, Aleckandor, Darkium, Aegis-5, Nova Zemlya, Meat Sandwich, Claraxia, Marcellinople, Wintermoot III, Dhan, The Salvation States, Americastrailia, Custadia, Leonism, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Seatlantis, Kan Po, Sophisica, Loftegen 2, Greygard, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Altmar, Derthal, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, and 19 others.Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Steel Vagabonds, Ecchi Unlimited, Courlany, The Rin Mang, The Illusian Empire, Lutfan, Rommanda, Makdon, Andyr, Kakatiya, Gianica, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, and Shangri-La Valley.