|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: Lone Wolves United
The United states of Sisdonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King gisa with an iron fist, and remarkable for its fear of technology, public floggings, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.255 billion Sisdonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sesdera. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sisdonian economy, worth 821 trillion Dedlins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,349 Dedlins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, and all industry is owned and run by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sisdonia's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Truism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sisdonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, the Top 5% for Highest Poor Incomes, and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Sisdonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Sisdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Sisdonia, all industry is owned and run by the government.
- : Sisdonia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Sisdonia, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Sisdonia, petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls.
- : Following new legislation in Sisdonia, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Sisdonia, lavish state dinners in Sesdera are the state's leading budgetary expenditure.
- : Sisdonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.