“Through science will we reach the stars”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Empire of Skandinavistan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Theodor Walve with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.063 billion Skandinavistanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 84.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Skandinavistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,020 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,420 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Being Theodor Walve has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, and tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skandinavistan's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skandinavistan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Skandinavistan was refounded in Balder.
- : Skandinavistan ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Skandinavistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Republic of Coruh.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Skandinavistan's influence in The East Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Greater New Cassandra.