“Through science will we reach the stars” Theodor Walve
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
The Empire of Skandinavistan is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Theodor Walve with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.4 billion Skandinavistanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stockholm. The average income tax rate is 83.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Skandinavistanian economy, worth 766 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 142,008 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
School kids who pretend to drive imaginary cars get a social worker and a police observer assigned to them, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, and atheist missionaries spread doubt overseas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skandinavistan's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The United Kingdom of La xinga.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Skandinavistan was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of RovaMittala.
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, atheist missionaries spread doubt overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations.
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, school kids who pretend to drive imaginary cars get a social worker and a police observer assigned to them.
- : Skandinavistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North East Somerset".
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, to say that military robots are inclined towards violence is offensive.
- : Following new legislation in Skandinavistan, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Aelitia, Bachtendekuppen, A Slanted Black Stripe, Adolanta, Blazing Samaritan, The Romanum Legio, Galve, Brotherland, Arkantis, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Freedom Fascists, Artimisiare, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Davinhia, ReeK, Xhaco, Dragonia, Urimel, Norport, Harro Waarudho, Wizardonia, Axdel, Agonya, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Republic of Monarchists, Wendelandia, Dahom, Euricanis, Greater New Islew, Riveraland, Airrajul, Sansangra, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Sacred Whale, Fedele, Ver Norge, Someseni, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Wiranath, British Calradia, Squid Ruinosa, Ellsonian Dominion, Wolemoer, Republic of Berzerkistan, and 50 others.Thyaclinia, The Happian Union, United China Nation, Bortalandet, Davelands, Hizuru, Neruch, Trotskije, The Angel of Charity, Osterreich und Ungarn, Indrapore, Arpino, Janoobi Jazair, Broengtopia, Stellar Colonies, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The United Asian Republics, Justice-Becoming, Pakitsk, Gratefuland, VoyKovie, Quark Unit, Funkadelia, Kilkire, America Mjolnir, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Rhealaliit, Erfitt Landslag, Under Sea Desert, Kalaratri, VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, Rakshuland, Libertanny, Escade, Marrico, Matdor, Marrabuk, Lerasi, Grossvietnam, Staynes, Sericena, Magosconity, Stanisiti, RovaMittala, Commodore Badger, and La xinga.