“We Stand United”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Federal Republic of Skeldonya is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, flagrant waste-dumping, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 290 million Skeldonyans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tridius City. The average income tax rate is 26.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Skeldonyan economy, worth 24.3 trillion coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 83,845 coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom, the nation's apology for those it has executed in the last year has come a little late for some, and Skeldonya's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Skeldonya's national animal is the cardinal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skeldonya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 10% for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, Skeldonya's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, the nation's apology for those it has executed in the last year has come a little late for some.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.
- : Skeldonya was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, at the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold.
- : Following new legislation in Skeldonya, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Skeldonya was endorsed by The Golden of Wyatonians.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Erinor, Hanguk-Nippon, Spearos, Tsunamy, Volaworand, Xandev, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Land Without Shrimp, Gentea, Concrete Slab, Fasire, Aidenfieeld, Amerion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Weldann, Rebel-topia, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, The United Expanse, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Tsvetania, Jehenna, Ufask, Farengeto, Sedunn, Luddinlande, Kiasu-ism, Theorin, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Seliyan progressive Islands, Bear Connors Paradiso, Southern Numenor, Ariankido, Mapico, Curlyhoward, Unielvan Millorvium, Aurcania, Barabarom, World United, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Janapuri, Trinennie, Nothanksbutseriously, Empa Aserium, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Lost And Found, Imperial Duck, Centristvill, and 46 others.Japanese Federal Republic, Darakin, Linden Oak, Holy Chimerland, Great Andora, New Briantown, Sagada, Soem, Pamela And Hepatitis, Agalaesia, FreeFishers, Privatore, Gecetesse, Hjortheim, Lesinteil, Mantas Meow, Wese Zippopiteradgil, Walloonia, Omiri, KIROVET, Escevola, Marinho Islands, United Territories of West Afbeckistan, The Drakan Republic, Dorev, Soviet States of Latin America, WTP All the good names are taken, Paranoia, Transtemporal Shifts, Noveos, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Mustedorriti, Galathion, GI-Land, Ancient Slobovia, Pacific Ukraine, Direwolf1, Linguiniland, Vincent Field, Samogitija, Des Nak Neers, Qawe, Wyatonians, and Malonereich.