“Peace and Justice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Federal Republic of Slonful is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its public floggings, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 5.444 billion Slonfulians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 65.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Slonfulian economy, worth 379 trillion dollars a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,737 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', male politicians lose their jobs for staring too long at their female counterparts, a government program is underway to revitalize Slonful's beaches, and toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slonful's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam".
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, a government program is underway to revitalize Slonful's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, male politicians lose their jobs for staring too long at their female counterparts.
- : Slonful voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Slonful voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Slonfulian as 'your finger, you fool'.
- : Slonful voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Slonful voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: 66 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, United China Nation, Arkantis, VW53Aland, Axdel, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Ridann, The United Neo American Union, CopyCato, Libertanny, Freedom Fascists, Liberstankonia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Brethren, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Someseni, La xinga, Matdor, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Morrowine, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, A mean old man, Under Sea Desert, Stellar Colonies, Bzux, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Acronis, Coruh, The Three States of Fortuna, and 16 others.BuciLand, Staynes, Rage Mage, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Technocratic Tagalog, Raunch, Rohanland, TM-Jesselton, Filipopol, Santa Dystopia, Barfleur, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.