“We are always pretty”
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: Capitalist Paradise
|Leader||Barbara the Barbarian|
The Perfidious Theocracy of Snorlaxia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Barbara the Barbarian with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.368 billion Snorlaxians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Branchland. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Snorlaxian economy, worth a remarkable 7,311 trillion Felonies a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 475,772 Felonies, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,883,382 per year while the poor average 81,267, a ratio of 23.2 to 1.
A third of Snorlaxians are e-certified CEOs, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately, the nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Desi hunting institutions, and edutainment video games are taking Snorlaxia's students to the next level. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Snorlaxia's national animal is the Desi, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is sonichuism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, edutainment video games are taking Snorlaxia's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, the nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Desi hunting institutions.
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Snorlaxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, a third of Snorlaxians are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, pet owners make sure their dogs wear diapers.
- : Following new legislation in Snorlaxia, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Snorlaxian as 'your finger, you fool'.
- : Snorlaxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Kaputer, Canterburie, Zenzibar, The Fyre Phoenix, Aelhaeran, Chsemo, GabeWorld, Octal, Edgemaster, Poopsancagizal, Tonakistan, Edison Culver, Kashmir-Longboatia, Scientia Major, UNDelegate, Taida, Charlie Kirkistan, Hellbardia, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Abx, Senexia, The United Oman, T A M O S, Jackitoffistan, MERICAAAAAAAAA, United Kodiaks, CaliforniaJJ, Amerisia, Slaviskaya, and New Eagle.