“Fraternity, People and Emperor”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Leftist Assembly
|Leader||Imperial Chairperson Masu Kan|
The Democratic Socialist Union of Sonna is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Imperial Chairperson Masu Kan with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.951 billion Sonnans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shilin. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Sonnan economy, worth a remarkable 2,620 trillion fanrongs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 239,263 fanrongs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers, sea side cafes are required by law to close during summer, and terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sonna's national animal is the awong, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sonna was endorsed by The Rosy Republic of Grod Island.
- : Sonna was endorsed by The People's Republic of Kraljevia.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, sea side cafes are required by law to close during summer.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Sonna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares.
- : Following new legislation in Sonna, autocrats are persona non grata.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Socialist Columbia, Llorens, Ephros, New Arkados, Thasse, Litauengrad, Libertasnia, Kawany, Oscansa, Transcommunist Republics, Roulantinia, Kongoland, Greylyn, Anarchocommunists of the World, Vilouki, Culturists, Gooseta, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Rorlenland, Slackertown, Dyl, Picuros, Buttia, Antinios, Chokrobook, Vandensia, Nepacton Murt, Masseillyia, Midterra, Garbynia, Biotopia, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, The Gaturacia, The Pirotian Republic, Mavlina, Ghillemear, Sylvlakia, Elebe, Kraljevia, and Grod Island.