“Freedom And Liberty For All, Forever More”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Leftist Assembly
The Free Land of Sorwickshire is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.877 billion Sorwickshireans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sorwickshirean economy, worth 231 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 123,204 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorwickshire's national animal is the robin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sorwickshire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Sorwickshire was endorsed by The Collective Syndicate of Thurston.
- : Sorwickshire was endorsed by The Free Land of Jathuie.
- : Sorwickshire was endorsed by The Community of Wispsent.
- : Following new legislation in Sorwickshire, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Sorwickshire, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Following new legislation in Sorwickshire, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Sorwickshire, citizens praise the weeds that overwhelm their narrow vegetable realm.
- : Following new legislation in Sorwickshire, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Sorwickshire was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Narodnya.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Ephros, Slackertown, Rorlenland, Kawany, Antinios, Anarchocommunists of the World, Socialist Columbia, Sincadenas, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Ghillemear, Elovera, Idezvoya, Caspersland, Picuros, Socialist Great Picardy, Nangka, Depro, Kongoland, THE LIFTIST UNION, Roulantinia, Transcommunist Republics, Digitotuo, Henchikurin, Jum Vland, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Republic of Braz, North Amherst, Buttia, Llorens, Dyl, Mexican Communists, Martilliopen, Argentigrad, NeoXoleria, Grod Island, Loudon, Nepacton Murt, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, New Russsia, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Silverfish37, Kavagrad, New Volica, Soviet Catgirls, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Manoaf, Chapolia Zranzia, Asturies-Llion, Old Corus, and 20 others.Kaamapoori, Anioniotopia, Claiomha, Zaratov, Helionyx, Eastern Botswana, Idontknowium, Ezmwalia, Shermani, Sauros, Green Green World, Wagrurg, Eskhaton, New Samon, Podria, Das Pardgulew, Narodnya, Wispsent, Jathuie, and Thurston.