“Cantad obligatoriamente el Himno Nacional” Supreme President Mike Harriet
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Latinoamerica Libre
|Leader||Supreme President Mike Harriet|
The Democratic State of Soulteria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Supreme President Mike Harriet with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.549 billion Soulterians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bogotá. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.8%.
The thriving Soulterian economy, worth 96.0 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 61,952 pesos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 200,223 per year while the poor average 14,486, a ratio of 13.8 to 1.
It is rumoured that Supreme President Mike Harriet uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions, Soulterian actors literally work from cradle to grave, voting is voluntary, and school lockers are filled with fancy underwear. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Soulteria's national animal is the bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soulteria lodged a message on the Latinoamerica Libre Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, voting is voluntary.
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, Soulterian actors literally work from cradle to grave.
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, it is rumoured that Supreme President Mike Harriet uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions.
- : Following new legislation in Soulteria, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Soulteria changed its national nation type to "Democratic State".
- : Soulteria altered its national flag.
- : Soulteria changed its national animal to "bear", its leader to "Supreme President Mike Harriet", and its motto to "Cantad obligatoriamente el Himno Nacional".
- : Soulteria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.