“To be human is to be Transhuman” Comrade Green
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Free Land of Soviet States of Latin America is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Comrade Green with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.443 billion Soviet States of Latin Americans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santiago. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Soviet States of Latin American economy, worth 188 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 130,930 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Soviet States of Latin America. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet States of Latin America's national animal is the Aibos, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soviet States of Latin America was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The All Inclusive Love and Pride of Jehenna.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The Federal Republic of Skeldonya.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The Perfect Restfulness of Quiescent.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Soviet States of Latin America endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet States of Latin America, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Soviet States of Latin America.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet States of Latin America, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Soviet States of Latin America, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Tsunamy, Tsvetania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Two Jerseys, Aumeltopia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kiasu-ism, Ridehale, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Darakin, Qawe, Erinor, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Land Without Shrimp, Ariankido, Luddinlande, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Walloonia, Wehraboos, Lightmare, The United Expanse, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Fasire, Rebel-topia, Vos Dothrak, Farengeto, The Filippinas, Auphelia, Drystar, A Frog Dimension, Upper Tyrconnel, Xandev, Hanguk-Nippon, Qvait, Omiri, Mapico, Aurcania, Paranoia, Pol Lakles, Jehenna, Skeldonya, Empa Aserium, World United, Quiescent, Marinho Islands, and Gecetesse.