“A happy nation is a stoned nation”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
|Capital||The Big Munch|
|Animal||Bleary Eyed Gekko|
The Altered States of Sparkadooby is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cutmeownthroat Dibbler with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, frequent executions, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.533 billion Sparkadoobyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Big Munch. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sparkadoobyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,229 trillion Reefers a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,847 Reefers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, commuters often break into synchronised para-para dancing for no reason at all, and the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in The Big Munch for fear of causing a fuss. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sparkadooby's national animal is the Bleary Eyed Gekko, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Zombiefied Republic of Qawe.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Sparkadooby was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Sparkadooby, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in The Big Munch for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Sparkadooby, commuters often break into synchronised para-para dancing for no reason at all.
- : Following new legislation in Sparkadooby, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Sparkadooby was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Qvait, Ratoninburg, Tsunamy, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Wehraboos, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Aurcania, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Ariankido, Mapico, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Empa Aserium, Farengeto, World United, Spearos, Agalaesia, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Tsvetania, Romanus Terrae, Samogitija, Direwolf1, Sedunn, Phanama, Qawe, and Malonereich.