“Let me sing thee a tale...”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Instigator
|Leader||Bad the bard|
The Heretical Bard of Spiff Co is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bad the bard with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.973 billion Spiff Coans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Public Transport, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 12.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Spiff Coan economy, worth 105 trillion Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 53,581 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government is giving peace a chance, a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water, drivers are told they're not staring at mobile phone screens enough, and grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them. Crime is relatively low. Spiff Co's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Music.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spiff Co's influence in Entropy rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Spiff Co voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Spiff Co was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Spiff Co's influence in Entropy rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Spiff Co endorsed The United Kingdom of Greatest pimps.
- : Spiff Co was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Greatest pimps.
- : Spiff Co voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Spiff Co endorsed The Armed Republic of The American Anarchist Empire.
- : Spiff Co was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Spiff Co was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The American Anarchist Empire.