“I trust in reality as it could be, not as it is.” Jasper Calastof
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Historical Artifact of Sporaltryus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jasper Calastof with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless population of 8.783 billion Sporaltryans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castietya. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The large but sluggish Sporaltryan economy, worth 459 trillion Sii-Siis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 52,273 Sii-Siis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, and old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sporaltryus's national animal is the Rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Tonicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sporaltryus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Sporaltryus's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Sporaltryus's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sporaltryus altered its national flag.
- : Sporaltryus relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Sporaltryus was refounded in Balder.
- : Sporaltryus ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Sporaltryus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Sporaltryus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Sporaltryus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.