“To Liberty, To Commons!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||The People's Council|
The Federal Republic of Sreneck is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by The People's Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 887 million Sreneckians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Czharik. The average income tax rate is 31.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sreneckian economy, worth 103 trillion Zigles a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 116,858 Zigles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an 'Air Brancaland' flight has been offered asylum, every street in the nation contains at least three law firms, and cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy. Crime is totally unknown. Sreneck's national animal is the Zebra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, every street in the nation contains at least three law firms.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an 'Air Brancaland' flight has been offered asylum.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, the nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, Czharik spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBS Governor goes house hunting.
- : Following new legislation in Sreneck, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Sreneck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
Endorsements Received: 128 » BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Hizuru, Wiranath, Rhealaliit, Am Echad, Goodnamesarerare, Pakitsk, Brotherland, Headpat Central, ReeK, Roliganistan, Republic of Berzerkistan, Sericena, CopyCato, Kaigi, Skandinavistan, Wanabe, Roissyland, Tshana, Freedom Fascists, Squid Ruinosa, Federated States of Zootron, Adavan, Elejamie, Survivoristan, Bai Lung, Abadong, Taya Dust, The Underwood Industrial Empire, Ver Norge, Lyontisia, The Sacred Whale, Unger under over, 7-5, Ribanzi, Bullpups, Socialist Holy American Empire, Seri Tai Republic, Janoobi Jazair, A Slanted Black Stripe, United China Nation, AngusEssa, Marrico, Libertanny, Bakaworld, Chile-Paraguay, Tel Mithru, Catiania, and 78 others.Escade, Bortalandet, Sansangra, The Empire of Rijelv, Acheronn, Neruch, Axdel, The Romanum Legio, Soirwren, Elkenian, Broengtopia, Dark Edgyness, Impia Aghte, Wizardonia, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Sanah, Blazing Samaritan, Euricanis, Lerasi, Avalon Ascendancy, The United Neo American Union, Grossvietnam, Enlil, Ridann, Gluponija, Magosconity, Staynes, Kucia, Trimmania, Endertopias, Stanisiti, La xinga, Arkantis, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, The Almighty Country, Galve, Just Vale 2, Liberstankonia, RovaMittala, Chols Worithopia, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Bytes, Aeljae, Kagorg Bra Corna, ArenaC, Commodore Badger, Guthra, Drunken Seal Islands, Talitoa, Johnny Appleseed1, Encurage, Kublam, Abtracnt, Plazland, Feuraxia, Lanagon, Slys Paws, Ouroboric, New Maiya, Osterreich und Ungarn, Kelsyth, Davinhia, Notthis, Gajness, Servants of Gizmo, Avakael, Matdor, Drykoon, Adolanta, Zukchiva, Brethren, Feu de Glace, Ballpit2, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, and Celannica.