“Strength in the union.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Syndicalist Republic of Stoichia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Josefine Brodersen with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, flagrant waste-dumping, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.58 billion Stoichians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stalberg. The average income tax rate is 79.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stoichian economy, worth 832 trillion Stoches a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 109,813 Stoches, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping, the parliament building has installed a revolving door, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, and the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stoichia's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stoichia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Stoichia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Stoichia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Stoichia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Amelioration of Maritime Conditions".
- : Stoichia was endorsed by Arberstad.
- : Stoichia was ravaged by a Zombie Burster Horde from Rilium, infecting 1 million survivors.
- : Stoichia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Stoichia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Stoichia, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : Following new legislation in Stoichia, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.