“Láta kvöld koma nýju ljósi”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Straumnesfjall is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Melinda Neufeld-Kelley with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.356 billion Straumners enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andvari-Fljótavík. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Straumner economy, worth 275 trillion Brennis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,101 Brennis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The rainbow assortment of chemicals in the water has turned the frogs gay, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, and Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume. Crime is totally unknown. Straumnesfjall's national animal is the Otter, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Straumnesfjall was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Straumnesfjall was endorsed by The Aumeltopia-Endorser Republic of Abarri.
- : Following new legislation in Straumnesfjall, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Straumnesfjall was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Straumnesfjall, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : Straumnesfjall endorsed The Republic of Spearos.
- : Straumnesfjall endorsed The Republic of Jennaterra.
- : Following new legislation in Straumnesfjall, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued.
- : Straumnesfjall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Straumnesfjall, the rainbow assortment of chemicals in the water has turned the frogs gay.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Qawe, Saciu, Erinor, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, The Filippinas, Wyatonians, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Agalaesia, Barabarom, Aumeltopia, Quiescent, Shadow-Land, Pays de Loire, Jehenna, Hanguk-Nippon, Phanama, Chew Zim, Anachronolandia, Pax Dracon, Mew Nation, Tsunamy, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Xandev, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, United Federated States of Omega, P R of China, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Luddinlande, Aurcania, BootJack, Elveka, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Higash, Tsvetania, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, Spearos, Jennaterra, and 1 other.Abarri.