“Sanctum malleum, sanctum falcem et sanctam cuspidem” Pope Longinus I
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: 10000 Islands
|Leader||Pope Longinus I|
|Faith||Roman Catholic Communism|
The Holy Socialist Republic of Striagro Uspil is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Pope Longinus I with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 3.176 billion Italians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 70.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Italian economy, worth 458 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,442 lire, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, economics is a shrinking field, light entertainment isn't dead, and tabloids publicly shun nurses for not calling home on the weekends. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Striagro Uspil's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholic Communism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Striagro Uspil, tabloids publicly shun nurses for not calling home on the weekends.
- : Striagro Uspil endorsed The Republic of Calla Hambry.
- : Striagro Uspil endorsed The Island Imperium of Markanite.
- : Following new legislation in Striagro Uspil, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Striagro Uspil, economics is a shrinking field.
- : Following new legislation in Striagro Uspil, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more.
- : Striagro Uspil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Striagro Uspil voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Striagro Uspil voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Striagro Uspil, legitimate job descriptions now include "smiling and waving".
Endorsements Received: 95 » The Democratic State Of Josora, Faradova, Hashari Darussalam, Blogotopia, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Grimmywelsh, Solsevara, Kobomania, Macrasetia, Markanite, Improving Wordiness, Nova Berlim, Greater Theowherveld, Free Land of Rebellium, Asardia, Dustwind, Northern African Sahara, Anollasia, Samonaemia, The Galactic American Imperium, Jaegerpondonia, Ilfarasia, Lisokyo, Cathamye, Reich do Brasil, Dovant, City of Saint Nicolas, Clialaad, United Kolance, Second Peenadian, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Holma, Evertopia, Boroii, Syedians, Kaprein, Maalemzya, Geonomia, Republic of Libriano, Treeford, Creeptopia, Hellenic Exusia, Better Indonesia, The Unidet Of Life, Krystalveil, Pickens Nation, Fractethyst, Havesia, Kaltovar, Aurum Port, and 45 others.Prairiesora, Old Atlantica, Ursabeknikov, Chip Skylark, Gewisse, Lower Phlebacite, Reformed Imperis, Aeroland Empire, Medetas, El Barris, Germanitaloslav, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Grungerock, Aecor, Polterland, Geolapo, Austral Imperium, Attoree, The Divine Elephant, The Snake Brotherhood, Seranis, Gay Dragons, The Soylent Green Party, Rotzka, Nuremburgia, Colonel Terrosit, Tramolvalnia, Yarkutsk, Alski, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Palman, Strigberg, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Carindell, Thexaelen, Namakan, Thied Isles, Kyrizstanislav, Luzfria, Federal republic of wakanda, Navarimill, Belistien, Gepanzerberg, Iron Soviet, and Franconia and Bavaria.