“We are one with the People”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The People's Republic of SucWAti is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 14.733 billion SucWAtians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 76.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong SucWAtian economy, worth 621 trillion Vortas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,192 Vortas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, voting is voluntary, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SucWAti's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SucWAti was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : SucWAti was endorsed by The Republic of Milagorod.
- : SucWAti was endorsed by The Allied States of Julunaphra.
- : SucWAti was endorsed by The Sovereign Group of Companies of Glanst.
- : SucWAti was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : SucWAti was endorsed by The República Federal of Republica JIM.
- : SucWAti lost the endorsement of The República Federal of Republica JIM.
- : SucWAti was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : SucWAti was endorsed by The Libertarian Kingdom of Sheepcote.
- : SucWAti was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.