“Strength Through Totalitarianism”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Dictatorship of SULILAND is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, avowedly heterosexual populace, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 206 million SULILANDians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.1%.
The very strong SULILANDian economy, worth 14.8 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 72,066 marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, for just a few extra marks SULILANDians can get new driving records with their new cars, people invite random old men into their homes to play with their kids, and a milk bath costs more than bathing in money. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SULILAND's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SULILAND endorsed The Free Land of Harmony Falls.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, people invite random old men into their homes to play with their kids.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, for just a few extra marks SULILANDians can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : SULILAND was endorsed by The Free Land of Harmony Falls.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, decreased demand for toilets is saving the prison service a lot of money.
- : Following new legislation in SULILAND, schoolkids are often mistaken for fast food workers.
- : SULILAND voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Union of the Axis Powers".
Endorsements Received: 74 » Amerion, Erinor, Madreia, Xandev, Concrete Slab, Agalaesia, Aumeltopia, Unielvan Millorvium, Imperial Duck, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Crystal Creation, Beepee, Mapico, Aidenfieeld, Yeldarbsland, Luddinlande, PenguinPies, United Federated States of Omega, Hanguk-Nippon, Qawe, Bleakfoot, Isles of Creckero, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Fasire, Farengeto, Bizzie, Marinho Islands, The Brand New Salvatagard Republic, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Escevola, Corolines, Ariankido, Concordien, Flying birdie, The Two Jerseys, Cerritos, Joseph Gorbachev, Zaelith, Sthalrim, Center Lisle, Poshistan, Ockhamista, Dawn Valley, Whimichy, The Drakan Republic, The United Australian States, Skiyara, and 24 others.Empire of Bredux, Kringalia, Gray Rose, German Hapsburg, Malonereich, Serendiva, Rebel-topia, United Crumburrtha Federation, Bawkie, Curlyhoward, Lakalvesoman, Techganet, Tepertopia, Terran Draconia, Zosnor, Rabbitz, Tarnik, Massacia, Gentle Propositions, Holy Free, Domen Lespri, The Filippinas, North Prarie, and Harmony Falls.