“Strength in Unity”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Republic of Surd is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Olaf Nieuwpoort with a fair hand, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.9 billion Surds are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fentanes. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Surdic economy, worth a remarkable 1,864 trillion Fioris a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 235,960 Fioris, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
More sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Fioris of property damage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Surd's national animal is the Robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Surd, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Fioris of property damage.
- : Surd was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Greater Serbian Lands.
- : Surd endorsed The Democratic States of Fellow Atheists and Skeptics.
- : Surd endorsed The People's Republic of Xiniang.
- : Surd endorsed The Rogue Nation of Esecolo.
- : Surd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Surd's influence in Lazarus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Surd endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Greater Serbian Lands.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
Endorsements Received: 116 » Treadwellia, Leonism, Belmallow, Aigania, Marcellinople, Nargorthia, Hukaa, Zoreno, Aaecilia, Axixic, Aguaria Major, Bongrovia, Debussy, Antomoron, ImperialisLorderon, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Port Flynt, United States of Sarjania, Devinsburg, Owans, Altmar, Emperor PJ, State of Cascadia, Burning Pants, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Denado, Trontasky, Zenion, Ashoy, Aleckandor, Issrak-om, Gloriton, The Sigometh Dynasty, Guiness Freaks, Winx club, Othan, Mezoviaf, Catopia2, Nucular, Ecchi Unlimited, Tjabino, Uhanda, Xalivstonia, Darcaethir, Flurf, Russiane, Zinertia, The Islands of Colwell, Mainze, Lis Gomer, and 66 others.1482, Caybow, Ellsonian Dominion, Imperial Saber, Lowelian, Trumps Dictatorship, Ioboriya, Fortytipper, Darkium, Bravenewworld, Courlany, Arkanik, Memeloria, Sandbrook, TashRakwen, Paline, Nord Gronland, Zherid, Normianm Empire, Wishper, Antolica, SerbianHolyEmpire, Grettana, TypoTech, The Civitas Islands, Simsempha, Enjuku, Humanistical, Skin Nation The Second, Spacea, Gorgonzola-, Highchii, Priotsoide, Cyrilla, The Edderalish Empire, Tolfaer, Cumidava, Davaro, Toolandia, Nazarstan, Canago, Fanadia, Liberty and Unity, Klaisur, Dotian, Darnitsa, Domais, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, New Rogernomics, Tinbo, Dimusoika, Hraban, Fazrin, Cidilandia, Wowzabees, Umuyyad, Tymak, Istanmur, Steel Vagabonds, Sword Coast Islands, Rionion, The Land of the Tardigrades, Augustenbuurg, The Gelseen Hegemony, Gaddafi empire, and Greater Serbian Lands.