“Didnít see that coming.”
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: 10000 Islands
The Element of Surprise is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Prize with a fair hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 19.346 billion surprises live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of anywhere. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.5%.
The strong surprised economy, worth 825 trillion shocks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 42,665 shocks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 290,075 per year while the poor average 2,292, a ratio of 126 to 1.
Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Surprise's new capital, Sir Prize has just been declared ruler of Surprise in an international press conference, and astonishment has been named as Surprise's national religion. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Surprise's national animal is the shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is astonishment.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and Highest Economic Output.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Surprise was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Evil Petting Zoo of Deadcatistan, curing 412 million infected.