“To shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it.” The Chancellor
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Die Schwarze Sonne
The Greater Imperial Reich of Syren Empire is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Chancellor with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 10.72 billion Soldier Of The 4th Reiches are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Germania. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Syren Empirean economy, worth a remarkable 4,823 trillion Reich's Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 449,928 Reich's Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The monarch frequently needs protecting from misfiring protection, weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements, oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires, and skateboarding is punishable by heavy fines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Syren Empire's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Valkism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, skateboarding is punishable by heavy fines.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, the monarch frequently needs protecting from misfiring protection.
- : Syren Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, conspiracy nuts claim that the government is trying to bring about an end to civilisation.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, napalm is the tool of choice for disabling eco-unfriendly forestry operations.
- : Syren Empire's influence in Die Schwarze Sonne rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Syren Empire agreed to construct embassies between Die Schwarze Sonne and Monarchist Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Syren Empire, diplomats shake hands with their right and hide a poison dagger in their left.