“Always Do What You Are Afraid to Do”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Kingdom of Tamil Bhoomi is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, zero percent divorce rate, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 203 million Tamil Bhoomians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tamil Bhoomian economy, worth 15.3 trillion Rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 75,203 Rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, billions of Rupees are being poured into a space program, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, and diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tamil Bhoomi's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat".
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Tamil Bhoomi endorsed The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Tamil Bhoomi was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, billions of Rupees are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, life-saving resuscitation is denied based on decades-old teenage diaries that declare "I want to die before I get old".
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Following new legislation in Tamil Bhoomi, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Tamil Bhoomi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Xandev, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Upper Tyrconnel, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Barabarom, UnShleepd, Mew Nation, Jehenna, Hanguk-Nippon, Qawe, Aumeltopia, Lulliland, Tsunamy, Land Without Shrimp, Solega, The Expanse, World United, North Anatnom, Spearos, The United Expanse, Mechanocs, Anachronolandia, New Briantown, Great Africans, The Filippinas, FiHami, Ketathinamiri Islands, Farelonia, Ariankido, Uncastania, Aurcania, Tsvetania, Churumduul, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Jennaterra, Omiri, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ridehale, WTP All the good names are taken, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, German Hapsburg, Marinho Islands, and 6 others.Empa Aserium, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Mapico, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, and West Carlisten.