|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Aura Hyperia
The Republic of Tanaad is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Mukhtar Koury with an iron fist, and remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, enslaved workforce, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.214 billion Tanaadians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keshma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.9%.
The Tanaadian economy, worth 129 trillion Halas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,396 Halas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 205,076 per year while the poor average 12,056, a ratio of 17.0 to 1.
You can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, Alpacas are considered a delicacy, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force. Tanaad's national animal is the Alpaca, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, Alpacas are considered a delicacy.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom.
- : Tanaad's influence in Aura Hyperia rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Superpower".
- : Tanaad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, Tanaad's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- : Tanaad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, refugees without a PhD are sent back to where they came from.
- : Following new legislation in Tanaad, college athletes are arrested for selling lemonade.