|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The East Pacific
The Sultanate of Tanah Hilang is a huge, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 514 million Tanah Hilangians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kampong Hilang. The average income tax rate is 50.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Tanah Hilangian economy, worth 51.7 trillion Tahils a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,490 Tahils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tanah Hilang's national animal is the Kucing, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tanah Hilang was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Tanah Hilang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Tanah Hilang was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Tanah Hilang was endorsed by The Empire of Spoilt Blood.
- : Tanah Hilang was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Following new legislation in Tanah Hilang, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach.
- : Tanah Hilang was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Tanah Hilang endorsed The Theocratic Aristocracy of Aleister.
- : Tanah Hilang endorsed The Pacific Coast Highway of Avakael.
- : Tanah Hilang endorsed The Adorable Nation of Davelands.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Libertanny, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Marrico, VW53Aland, Axdel, Brotherland, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Janoobi Jazair, Escade, Hizuru, Liberstankonia, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Feu de Glace, and Eastie.