“Spreadin' Dis-caw-rse!” Emperor Shwenankyawshin
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Azure Blue Monarchy of Taungu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Shwenankyawshin with a fair hand, and renowned for its digital currency, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.799 billion Taunguans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mandalay. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Taunguan economy, worth a remarkable 1,483 trillion Gold Taus a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 137,416 Gold Taus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians can be condescending (which by the way means "showing an attitude of patronising superiority"), politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls, group hugs break out during floor votes, and the government is known to care more about its buildings than its people. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taungu's national animal is the Crow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Theravada Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Sage of Of Altonianic Islands.
- : Taungu endorsed The Sage of Of Altonianic Islands.
- : Taungu lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Brototh.
- : Taungu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Taungu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Taungu, the government is known to care more about its buildings than its people.
- : Following new legislation in Taungu, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Taungu, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.