“From the sea, prosperity”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Grand Republic of The Bay is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The compassionate population of 980 million Bayians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Administration, and Environment are also considered important, while Defense isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aigéarinn. The average income tax rate is 90.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bayian economy, worth 87.7 trillion Bules a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 89,447 Bules, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
TB-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Bay's national animal is the Bottlenose Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bay was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : The Bay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, TB-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Bayian lands.
- : Following new legislation in The Bay, in a baffling press conference Leader proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : The Bay endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : The Bay was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Saciu, Quiescent, Volaworand, Luddinlande, USNE2018, Xandev, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Awjan, The Solar System Scope, Si-topia, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, Jaxon, Darakin, The Filippinas, Barabarom, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Drystar, Academy of Umbrellas, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Republic Clovakh, Whimichy, Viertes deutsches Koalitionsreich, Hanguk-Nippon, Wyatonians, Jehenna, Ostanasia, Tsvetania, Akindom, Farengeto, Stoniamera, Tsunamy, Erinor, Pays de Loire, Qvait, FiHami, Churumduul, New Juan Carlos Land, Curlyhoward, North Erfton, Unidum, Abarri, The West Valley Mountains, Agalaesia, Mew Nation, Upper Tyrconnel, and 38 others.Rabbitz, Commonwealth Of Astoria, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Novagentum, Qawe, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Dasko, United Federated States of Omega, Blaash, Negoshi, Ariankido, Kuddles, Aurcania, Imperial Duck, Raelsa, World United, Vincent Field, Ketathinamiri Islands, Yeldarbsland, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Solega, New Briantown, Higash, Sedunn, Omiri, Concrete Slab, Sodor and Mann, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Spearos, and Gecetesse.