“Joy Cometh In The Morning” Jed Bartlet
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
|Faith||The Pursuit of Happiness|
The Stunning Stucco Strip Malls of The Bigtopia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Jed Bartlet with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.87 billion Bigtopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Snowmouth. The average income tax rate is 60.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bigtopian economy, worth 159 trillion Galleons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 41,309 Galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, and all Bigtopians love the taste of self-sufficiency. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Bigtopia's national animal is the Pangolin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Pursuit of Happiness.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Recently Elected Senator of Antenion.
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Federation of Peabodia.
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Arkley Commonwealth.
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Holy Lucky Golden Spear of Hulldom.
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Democratic States of United World of Unity.
- : The Bigtopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : The Bigtopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : The Bigtopia lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : The Bigtopia created a new poll in Thaecia: "What's your biggest life goal?".
- : The Bigtopia was endorsed by The Republic of Rivogna.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Korsinia, Rayekka, The Marconian State, Soniseon, Edan Land, Marie Byrd, Boreia, South Mouse Island, World Trade, Uppenja, Ermica, Catlin, Besancia, Izan770, Rushenberg, Orleanth, Taralania, Creckelenney, Moist Moist, Marvinville, Randuewild, Indian Genius, New United Goryeo, German Moravia, Gurrea, European Technocratic Union, Cirrus Azale, Pendors, Quelectoran, Orsily, Cheesecakeastan, Rhyddfraint, Atto, Nouvelle Valois, King Vonte, Real Mandalorians, Karnozia, Brussel Hamlets, Preatona, Adomania, Ouidland, Viranyos, Aczadera-Sercolsia, Cerdenia, Wegnon, Rhodesae, Dendrobium, Western Mediterranea, Compassaria, Levantx, and 28 others.British Verona, New Elyrion, McBainis, 4yeye, Perlinica, Real and best Kroea, Dykataar, Faiche Union, Reformed Mataram, Uvaskaland, Democratus, Spudermonke, Sodan, Zermanny, Clarance, Pap Sculgief, Brototh, Quintington, Gifty, Primo Order, ASEAN Nations, Gross Osterreich, Rivogna, United World of Unity, Hulldom, Arkley Commonwealth, Peabodia, and Antenion.