“Through Discipline, Victory!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Constitutional Monarchy of The Broken Gate is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The quiet, industrious population of 152 million Gate Keepers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 43.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Broken Gatean economy, worth 5.64 trillion bolts a year, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,124 bolts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Broken Gate's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Broken Gate was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : The Broken Gate's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Broken Gate was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : The Broken Gate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : The Broken Gate altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in The Broken Gate, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in The Broken Gate, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in The Broken Gate, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in The Broken Gate, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : The Broken Gate was endorsed by The Great Millenary Empire of Aurcania.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Qvait, Amerion, Gecetesse, Tsvetania, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Qawe, The Filippinas, Aidenfieeld, Upper Tyrconnel, Tsunamy, Agalaesia, Hanguk-Nippon, Barabarom, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, German Hapsburg, USNE2018, Mapico, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Anachronolandia, Sodor and Mann, Quiescent, Wehraboos, Marinho Islands, Paranoia, Aurcania, Romanus Terrae, and Sedunn.