|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Nikko Mayzuka with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, anti-smoking policies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 20.372 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 88.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Celestian economy, worth a remarkable 1,223 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 60,034 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kingdom of Napels.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Republic of Ioboriya.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Daedric Lords.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Skin Nation The Second.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Angry Southern Federation of Dernel.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Nargorthia, Axixic, Sombrassino, Aigania, Denado, Aflana, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, The New California Republic, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Lazarene Ryccia, Steel Vagabonds, Courlany, Meat Sandwich, The Sigometh Dynasty, Custadia, Arkanik, Xracona, Bobs raider puppet, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Aegis-5, Ni Hon, Cossack Peoples, Manaric, Thetraxia, The Salvation States, Outlaw Conformity, Auralon, Inceptio, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Aguaria Major, Issrak-om, Grand Place, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Killer Kitty, Debussy, Ladandtopia, Owans, Ashoy, and 19 others.Arclandia, The United Syrian States, Mercicuria, Silver Minner, Shadowra, Bravenewworld, Othan, Uhanda, Northern Westwald, Frankender, Baelju, Darkium, Dernel, Skin Nation The Second, Tolfaer, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, The Daedric Lords, Ioboriya, and Kingdom of Napels.