“May the Dynasty last a thousand years more” Emperor Kiknesh IX
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Global Democratic Union
|Leader||Emperor Kiknesh IX|
The Grand Empire of The Democratic Legion is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Kiknesh IX with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 5.719 billion Satonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coorstager. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Satonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,004 trillion Ungras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 175,636 Ungras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Democratic Legion's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Kakiralism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Democratic Legion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : The Democratic Legion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : The Democratic Legion agreed to construct embassies between The Global Democratic Union and Republic of Conservative Nations.
- : The Democratic Legion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : The Democratic Legion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : The Democratic Legion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : The Democratic Legion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : The Democratic Legion approved the World Assembly proposal "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : The Democratic Legion approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : The Democratic Legion agreed to construct embassies between The Global Democratic Union and The Free union of America.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Goldgamia.