“Happiness can exist only in acceptance”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Nation of The Democratic Republic of Tomb is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Tomb with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and public floggings. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 12.309 billion Tombians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tomb City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Tombian economy, worth a remarkable 2,457 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 199,650 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage, and employees who skip lunch to avoid sub-par cafeteria food risk getting fired. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Democratic Republic of Tomb's national animal is the Tombian Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Flemingovianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb's influence in Thaecia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Constitatem.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb altered its national flag.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb's influence in Thaecia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Freytoria.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Fishergate.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Democratic Republic of Tomb was endorsed by The Empire of Besancia.