“To walk among giants”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Borderlands of The Ghost Dragons is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 629 million Ghost Dragonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unity. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ghost Dragonian economy, worth 32.2 trillion Scaleses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 51,189 Scaleses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance, the Dragon is a protected species, and landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Ghost Dragons's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Ghost Dragons was endorsed by The Kingdom of Saxoslavia.
- : The Ghost Dragons was endorsed by The Like of Dependants.
- : The Ghost Dragons lost the endorsement of The Holy Dolorian Imperium of The Traditional States.
- : The Ghost Dragons's influence in Enadia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in The Ghost Dragons, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks.
- : The Ghost Dragons was endorsed by The Holy Dolorian Imperium of The Traditional States.
- : The Ghost Dragons was endorsed by The Holy Empire of King Denver.
- : The Ghost Dragons was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Ghost Dragons was endorsed by The Kingdom of Andoran Empire.
- : Following new legislation in The Ghost Dragons, the Dragon is a protected species.
Endorsements Received: 49 » The United Australian States, God-King Rorschach, The Estian Republic, Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay, Lazy valley, Yatagasia, Zelcho, The Federal Government of Iowa, United Republic Empire, Aerzhots, Elvid, Laudistan, Royaume de Valois France, Gebeta, Thudor, Lanurstia, Citrene, Great Republic of Quebec, United SouthLands, Parvala, Longsword01, Gerkal, Old Ravenwood, Neo Kervoskia, Tulza, Denmurk, Avalith, Arc Republica, Seytius, The Uangfarian Technocracy, Dratrium, Aryus Millitary Junta, Timitina, Svenborgiao, Illiricium, Gernaet, South Bengal, Bulllgaria, Neo Cyrexia, Pontic Hellas, The Bare-Eyed, CanadianMapleSyrup, Cottaging, Tirmon, Lyero, Andoran Empire, King Denver, Dependants, and Saxoslavia.