|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Oppressed Peoples of The Gilded Star is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.925 billion citizens are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. The average income tax rate is 64.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong a citizen economy, worth 273 trillion citizens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,910 citizens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, every worker receives exactly the same pay regardless of productivity, and wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Gilded Star's national animal is the citizen, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Gilded Star endorsed The Republic of Five points to Remy.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Republic of Five points to Remy.
- : The Gilded Star withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Sho.
- : The Gilded Star withdrew its endorsement from The Pacifican Commonwealth of Toerana III.
- : The Gilded Star withdrew its endorsement from The Kingdom of Arthenas.
- : The Gilded Star endorsed The Cell Blocks of Oswald State Correctional Facility.
- : The Gilded Star endorsed The Kingdom of Arthenas.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Cell Blocks of Oswald State Correctional Facility.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Kingdom of Arthenas.
- : The Gilded Star was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.