“Thriving in the Dark. Striking from the Shadows.” The Dark Council
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||The Dark Council|
The Impending Doom of The Land of the Dark Immortals is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by The Dark Council with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.233 billion Doombringers are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gehenna. The average income tax rate is 37.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Doombringer economy, worth 134 trillion obsidiouses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 108,708 obsidiouses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Land of the Dark Immortals's national animal is the shadow dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Land of the Dark Immortals, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in The Land of the Dark Immortals, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in The Land of the Dark Immortals, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals endorsed The Ludicrously Successful State of Upper West Northern Schneddick.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was endorsed by The Ludicrously Successful State of Upper West Northern Schneddick.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was endorsed by The Kingdom of Cleo and Topaz.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Masters86.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Up Downland.
- : The Land of the Dark Immortals was endorsed by The Exiled Kingdom of Arkhane.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Marilyn Manson Freaks, Kyorgia, Emeseses, Hoffania, Farrakhan, Aqueira, Andromeda Islands, Capitalist Paradise, Xyloqua, Yoshiterra, Zavea, Razorback, Hardscrabble, Zyonn, Florin, Liberal2day, Heaven Fire, Thuringia Reich, Star Kingdom, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Gorgondria, Morover, Holleynaga, Toerana, Lasgana island, Singu1arity, Maazalik, Casanas, Mihaiteren, Perfect Sublime Masters, Vas Normandy, Cleateus, UKIMAR RBON, Cyrtenes, Chaos Angels, Fauxia, Empire of the alder, North Comunist Awelanius, Panormia, Rubian Empire, Saavir Yuvon, Zhavn, Lederland, Enacheland, Evilness Islands, Sarotte, The Horror Channel, KEP77, Bobdabuilder, Arkhane, and 4 others.Up Downland, Masters86, Cleo and Topaz, and Upper West Northern Schneddick.