“God, Homeland, Liberty”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The United States of The Land of the Dogs is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Dago with a fair hand, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.497 billion Land of the Dogsians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Welfare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dog City. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Land of the Dogsian economy, worth 340 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 97,336 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
East Lebatuckese astronauts' favorite game during downtime on the Multinational Space Station is 'I Spy', Dago has taken to wearing medal-adorned military uniform in all public appearances, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Land of the Dogs's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Land of the Dogs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : The Land of the Dogs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : The Land of the Dogs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : The Land of the Dogs was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : Following new legislation in The Land of the Dogs, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in The Land of the Dogs, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : The Land of the Dogs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Smartest Citizens.
- : The Land of the Dogs was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : The Land of the Dogs was endorsed by The Empire of Kakatiya.
- : The Land of the Dogs was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Imkiville, Killer Kitty, New Rogernomics, Courlany, Aflana, Treadwellia, Tiegenhof, Captain Apollo, Nargorthia, Loftegen 2, Axixic, Hycronesia, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Denado, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Astalen, Guiness Freaks, Rommanda, Capercom, Sophisica, Lazarene Ryccia, Altmar, Kan Po, SunnyPhiladelphia, Steel Vagabonds, The Rin Mang, Aguaria Major, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kakatiya, Shangri-La Valley, and Your Imaginary Friend.