“Hence the Word Progress”
|Category: Mother Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The North Pacific
The Queendom of The Mike Roctafinserland is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.434 billion Roctanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Okusha. The average income tax rate is 85.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mike Roctafinserlandian economy, worth 723 trillion Roctanian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 163,210 Roctanian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Applications to enter seminaries spike right before the obligatory fasts, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés, the state subsidizes liposuction, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Mike Roctafinserland's national animal is the neko, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Taraa.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Mike Roctafinserland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : The Mike Roctafinserland lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, the state subsidizes liposuction.
- : The Mike Roctafinserland published "Floof" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, applications to enter seminaries spike right before the obligatory fasts.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in The Mike Roctafinserland, gay hospital patients are labelled with a pink triangle to alert staff of their substandard blood.