“Moo, Nation States”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Holy Empire of The O C is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 327 million O Cians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Welfare, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York. The average income tax rate is 44.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong O Cian economy, worth 23.5 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,856 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, and the Ghosts of The O C are surprisingly well-adjusted. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The O C's national animal is the Ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The O C was endorsed by The Republic of Wilkshire.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, the Ghosts of The O C are surprisingly well-adjusted.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, children aren't allowed to chew their pencils until they get home from school.
- : The O C was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of -Ocelot-.
- : The O C was endorsed by The Comply or Die of Kranostav.
- : The O C endorsed The Rogue Nation of -Ocelot-.
- : Following new legislation in The O C, ghost regiments exist only on paper.
Endorsements Received: 100 » Sunto, Runeda, Sundred, Notyoutopia, Corfad, The Rhein States, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Alunya, El Fiji Grande, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Xzavia-Hjar, Loutsland, Kwaj, Trillius, North Bratislava, Omnistria, Dar es Saalam, Shibutani, PlanetPunk, Koda-Land, Ethnon, Dreadton, Yaorozu, Daiz, Sockmanland, Sheldanada, Guer Aike, Zumlandia, Test for a new hope, Sea Ghost, Bearical, Siwale, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, Elder Realms, The Tampa Bay Rays, Federation Terra Australis, Spartoptia, Selfgradatude, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, New Bremerton, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Grimandia, Cuyan, Warcaa, and 50 others.Aca Nur Unittle, Great Javadwipa, 2 and 2 is Fish, 5 kingdoms of Britannia, Quebekistand, Abject Ludicrosity, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Jasminlandia, 1 very fast endotarter, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Torakuen, New Octicarg, Shadowrik, General COE, Holy Oranz, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Glurponia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Juggernautilus, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Robertia, New Lakemba, Kulgatha, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Black Templares, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, Amauri, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Darcania, Gorundu, Xentherida, Angshire, Miruma, Kranostav, -Ocelot-, and Wilkshire.