|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Greater Middle East
|Leader||Murat VI Osman|
The Sublime Empire of The Ottoman State is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Murat VI Osman with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 4.375 billion Ottomans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of İstanbul. The average income tax rate is 40.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Ottoman economy, worth 114 trillion Ottoman Lire a year, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 26,089 Ottoman Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ottoman State has designated İstanbul as its capital city, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, Murat VI Osman has just been declared ruler of The Ottoman State in an international press conference, and billions of Ottoman Lire are being poured into a space program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Ottoman State's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : The Ottoman State resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Ottoman State relocated from TWS to Greater Middle East.
- : The Ottoman State relocated from Commonwealth of Liberty to TWS.
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Commonwealth of Liberty rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in The Ottoman State, billions of Ottoman Lire are being poured into a space program.