|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Greater Middle East
|Leader||Sultan Turan the First|
The Empire of The Ottoman State is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sultan Turan the First with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 5.996 billion Ottomans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Spirituality, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of İstanbul. The average income tax rate is 41.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Ottoman economy, worth 156 trillion Ottoman Lire a year, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 26,113 Ottoman Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, Sultan Turan the First has just been declared ruler of The Ottoman State in an international press conference, billions of Ottoman Lire are being poured into a space program, and Islam duh has been named as The Ottoman State's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Ottoman State's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam duh.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : The Ottoman State relocated from Armillary Sphere to Greater Middle East.
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Armillary Sphere rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Armillary Sphere rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Ottoman State's influence in Armillary Sphere rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : The Ottoman State changed its national leader to "Sultan Turan the First".
- : The Ottoman State relocated from Greater Middle East to Armillary Sphere.
- : The Ottoman State changed its national faith to "Islam duh".
- : The Ottoman State changed its national faith to "Sunni".
- : Following new legislation in The Ottoman State, Islam duh has been named as The Ottoman State's national religion.