“Let those that rise above become in power”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Capital||The Glacial Capital|
|Currency||Fish Scale Coin|
The Federation of The Penguin Confederacy is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Alexander Berg with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.638 billion Penguins are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Glacial Capital. The average income tax rate is 84.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Penguin Confederacy economy, worth a remarkable 1,538 trillion Fish Scale Coins a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 178,077 Fish Scale Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (The Penguin Confederacy has found 1 easter egg), Party members are derided as class traitors, and gift baskets often contain working nukes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Penguin Confederacy's national animal is the Orange Trout, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Penguin Confederacy, gift baskets often contain working nukes.
- : The Penguin Confederacy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in The Penguin Confederacy, Party members are derided as class traitors.
- : Following new legislation in The Penguin Confederacy, the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (The Penguin Confederacy has found 1 easter egg).
- : The Penguin Confederacy's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in The Penguin Confederacy, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent.
- : The Penguin Confederacy relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in The Penguin Confederacy, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- : The Penguin Confederacy altered its national flag.
- : The Penguin Confederacy was refounded in Lazarus.