“Franklin Pierce Lovers Rise Up”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of The Pierce is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 679 million Pierceians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Redman. The average income tax rate is 40.4%.
The powerhouse Piercean economy, worth 44.5 trillion Franklins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 65,550 Franklins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer, and sports journals are full of uplifting puff-pieces on professional boxers. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Pierce's national animal is the Pierce, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Empire of Rising Sakura.
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, sports journals are full of uplifting puff-pieces on professional boxers.
- : The Pierce was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer.
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in The Pierce, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework.
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of TyGerria.
- : The Pierce was endorsed by The Republic of AmManies.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Francois Isidore, Bharathvarsh, Aerilia, Svenskskit, Guer Aike, Lulubellia, Koda-Land, Omnistria, Zzozona, Tyirza, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Ethnon, Illusia and Neverendia, Yaorozu, Dreadton, Hamerica, Great Bights Mum, Ellbonnia, Former English Colony, Imperial Pieserged, Bankowiata, Orado, Corfad, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Hardscrabble, Territorio di Nessuno, Siwale, McMasterdonia, Loutsland, Steampunk Ariel, Selfgradatude, Dar es Saalam, Xentherida, Notyoutopia, Seanat, Republica Guilleana, Sil Dorsett, Sopernia, Apollo Park, The Mazur Empire, Climeria, El Fiji Grande, Xagill, Cretox State, The Tampa Bay Rays, Aryan Homeland, Dangine, Yellops, and 53 others.Ariele, Yokciq Empire, Wilkshire, Bearical, Planes, Empy, Kragsgale, Kastonvia, Unshleepd, Sikol, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Muqatil, Nova Arcania, Frances Francis the First of France, Tsandonown, Super Girl, Pasargad, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Mon Island, New Lakemba, Figyjharli, The Pantheons, Pallaith, Sunto, Outer Shenendoah, Lionia, Capablanca, Sahriastan, Valentine Z, Blyskalia, The Calabash Protectorate, Wineclaw, North Bratislava, Vesteysia, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, Kranostav, Pazair, New Celoveniortan, Votak Matim, Praeceps, Palgo, Cam Zazi, Jaxikistan, Dabarastan, Venicea, Tringapore, Paradeavenlisian States, AmManies, TyGerria, Rising Sakura, and Teothopia.