|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Pacific Northwest
The Free Land of The PNW Cascades is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 14.177 billion Cascadians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seattle. The average income tax rate is 63.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The PNW Cascadesian economy, worth 403 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 28,463 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and doctors are trying to diagnose diseases by looking at their patients' Snipchat pictures. Crime is well under control. The PNW Cascades's national animal is the Salmon, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The PNW Cascades updated the World Factbook entry in The Pacific Northwest.
- : The PNW Cascades agreed to construct embassies between The Pacific Northwest and Zero Zero Zero Zero.
- : The PNW Cascades agreed to construct embassies between The Pacific Northwest and Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- : The PNW Cascades was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The PNW Cascades was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The PNW Cascades was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and Largest Black Market.
- : The PNW Cascades's influence in The Pacific Northwest fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : The PNW Cascades's influence in The Pacific Northwest rose from "Squire" to "Hermit".
- : The PNW Cascades proposed constructing embassies between The Pacific Northwest and Oregon.
- : The PNW Cascades proposed constructing embassies between The Pacific Northwest and The Graveyard.