“THEY THOUGHT US MAD! BUT WE'LL SHOW THEM! BWAHAHAHAHA!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Rogue Nation of The Randominion is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Igor with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 866 million Randominionians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alpha Complex. The average income tax rate is 68.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Randominionian economy, worth 92.3 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 106,533 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support', UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, frustrated women are overjoyed at the provision of communal washing machines, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime is relatively low. The Randominion's national animal is the Streaked Tenrec, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Randominion was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : The Randominion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, frustrated women are overjoyed at the provision of communal washing machines.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : The Randominion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, government ministers sport new billboards that read 'Will Trade Votes for Private Members' Bill Support'.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, 200 mph car chases are a frequent sight on the otherwise empty motorways.
- : Following new legislation in The Randominion, remote-control hang-gliding scarecrows patrol the skies to keep songbirds from leaving the nation's borders.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Quiescent, Saciu, The Filippinas, Wehraboos, Erinor, Barabarom, Ostanasia, Land Without Shrimp, Academy of Umbrellas, Aidenfieeld, Agalaesia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Tsunamy, Xandev, Hanguk-Nippon, Sesteran, Pays de Loire, Aumeltopia, Tsvetania, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, Negoshi, Rabbitz, Qvait, Phanama, Beepee, Dasko, Jaxon, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Luddinlande, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Upper Tyrconnel, Churumduul, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Sodor and Mann, Imperial Duck, Marinho Islands, Mapico, Empa Aserium, and 6 others.Spearos, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, and Direwolf1.