“Bien faire et laisser dire”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of The Rivieras is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 642 million Rivierois love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Riviera. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rivierois economy, worth 56.2 trillion francs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,477 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Rivieras's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : The Rivieras was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : The Rivieras was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : The Rivieras was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on The Rivieras.
- : Following new legislation in The Rivieras, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Rivierois.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Erinor, Saciu, Aidenfieeld, Quiescent, Anachronolandia, Wehraboos, Volaworand, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, Land Without Shrimp, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Ostanasia, Hanguk-Nippon, Barabarom, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Xandev, Rebel-topia, Aurcania, Farengeto, Qvait, Japanese Federal Republic, Negoshi, Luddinlande, Ariankido, Jehenna, Jennaterra, Pays de Loire, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Upper Tyrconnel, Churumduul, Sedunn, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, World United, Dorev, Paranoia, The United Expanse, The Tecorogan Federation, Tsvetania, and 5 others.Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Mapico, and Phanama.