|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Solar Empire of The Solarian States is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.327 billion Solarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Solaris. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Solari economy, worth 242 trillion Solarian Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 104,419 Solarian Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Worrywarts have started advocating for a paint ban, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens, The Solarian States's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Solarian States's national animal is the Sea Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Solarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Solarian States's influence in POLATION rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Solarian States changed its national leader to "Chancellor".
- : The Solarian States's influence in POLATION rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Solarian States changed its national faith to "Solarism" and its leader to "High Chancellor Creedy".
- : The Solarian States changed its national leader to "Emperor Alexis VII" and its nation type to "Solar Empire".
- : The Solarian States altered its national flag.
- : The Solarian States changed its national capital to "Solaris", its currency to "Solarian Credit", its leader to "President", its motto to "Ave Imperia", and its nation type to "Solar Republic".
- : The Solarian States's influence in POLATION rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Solarian States's influence in POLATION rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Solarian States's influence in POLATION rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".