“We Shall Rise Again!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Capital||The Stars in Daylight City|
|Leader||Jackus In Charge|
The Federal Republic of The Stars in Daylight is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jackus In Charge with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 15.692 billion Jackuseses have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Stars in Daylight City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.5%.
The all-consuming Stars in Daylightian economy, worth a remarkable 2,283 trillion Starbucks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,503 Starbucks, with the richest citizens earning 6.1 times as much as the poorest.
The only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned, and sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Stars in Daylight's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Stars in Daylight was endorsed by The Democratic States of Terentiland.
- : The Stars in Daylight's influence in Thaecia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Stars in Daylight was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Federal Republic of Liberty et Justice.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Kingdom of The New Arctic.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Federal Republic of Eucalyptlandia.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Holy Empire of Daddykins.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The The Seven Tarquin Tribes of The Seven Thundering Thrones.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Empire of Kush Country.
- : The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Holy Empire of 2nd Israeli Federation.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Xernon, Islonia, Andusre, Greater Conexus, Lemonadia, Anglo Europa, The deadline, Fishergate, Behniastan, Creckelenney, Shoila, Titanne, Rhyssua, Saint Alban Islands, Ilefeb, Pundungnagara, United Zealandic, The Marconian State, Marvinton, Marie Byrd, and Terentiland.