“Sword of the Morning”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of The Torrentin is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Arthur Dayne with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 1.647 billion Torrentinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Starfall. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Torrentinian economy, worth 65.4 trillion daynes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,678 daynes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, political dissidents are cut off from essential services, rumour has it Arthur Dayne needs a calculator to multiply ten by ten, and The Torrentin's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Torrentin's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Torrentin was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : The Torrentin endorsed The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, The Torrentin's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, rumour has it Arthur Dayne needs a calculator to multiply ten by ten.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, political dissidents are cut off from essential services.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.
- : The Torrentin was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Treadwellia, Captain Apollo, New Rogernomics, Americastrailia, Nargorthia, Hycronesia, Leonism, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Aigania, Loftegen 2, Kappan, Sharps inc, ZeinLan, The Celestial Lands, Caybow, Axixic, Skin Nation The Second, Aleckandor, Mzeusia, Marcellinople, Wintermoot III, Emperor PJ, Hickerbilly, Nova Zemlya, Darkium, Margandy, Halliway, Courlany, Altmar, Derthal, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Dhan, Ithania, Snoodum, The Salvation States, Varotium, Your Imaginary Friend, The Rin Mang, Denado, Aaecilia, Perchan, Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Rommanda, and 7 others.Sophisica, Tiegenhof, Kan Po, Steel Vagabonds, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, and Shangri-La Valley.