“To maintain international peace, security, and harmony”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: United World Nations
|Capital||New York City|
|Leader||Harold Richard Spencer|
The Headquarters of The United World Nations is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Harold Richard Spencer with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 3.005 billion Terrans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New York City. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Terran economy, worth 207 trillion World dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,995 World dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, and hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The United World Nations's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The United World Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : The United World Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Land Reclamation Regulation".
- : The United World Nations's influence in United World Nations rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The United World Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Valanora".
- : The United World Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions on Forced Eugenics".
- : The United World Nations's influence in United World Nations fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : The United World Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : The United World Nations agreed to construct embassies between United World Nations Observer Assembly and WorldAid.
- : The United World Nations proposed constructing embassies between United World Nations and Third Portuguese Republic.
- : The United World Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
Endorsements Received: None.