|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Jump Point
The Molten Planet of The Venusian Empire is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.107 billion Venusians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.1%.
The thriving Venusian Empirean economy, worth 154 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 73,377 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 213,550 per year while the poor average 19,941, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
Earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, for just a few extra dollars Venusians can get new driving records with their new cars, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, and the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Venusian Empire's national animal is the firesnake, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Venusian Empire's influence in Jump Point rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Venusian Empire altered its national flag.
- : The Venusian Empire removed Executive, Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls authority from the WA Delegate in Jump Point.
- : The Venusian Empire relocated from Balder to Jump Point.
- : The Venusian Empire founded the region Jump Point.
- : The Venusian Empire was refounded in Balder.
- : The Venusian Empire ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : The Venusian Empire's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Venusian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : The Venusian Empire relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.